Rum Tasting at Panama’s oldest and most prestigious distillery, Hacienda San Isidro, managed and owned by Varela Hermanos, S.A.
Enjoy a unique tour and Rum Tasting at Panama’s Oldest Sugar Mill and Alcohol Distillery. Located in the small town of Pesé in the middle of “Panama’s interior” or “heartland”, this factory is where Panama’s national alcoholic beverage “Seco Herrerano” is made, and where one of the finest rums in the world, “Ron Abuelo”, and it’s multiple varieties, is made and aged. The tour includes round trip transfer by helicopter to Pesé and the factory’s Premium Tour and Rum Tasting. During the first leg of the flight we will include an over flight of Panama City, Miraflores and Pedro Miguel Locks, Centennial Bridge, new Cocoli Locks and finally over Panama’s Pacific Beach Resorts (Playa Blanca, Buenaventura and more) before landing at Hacienda San Isidro after about an 1 hour and 15 minute flight. After that the Premium Tour begins and includes the following:
- Visit to the Colonial Home of the Mill’s founder in the town of Pesé.
- Brief Oxcart “Carreta de Bueyes” Ride to experience how the sugar cane was carried to the Mill for years.
- Welcome cocktail.
- Sugar Mill and Distillery Tour to understand the process of the Seco Herrerano and Ron Abuelo.
- Visit to one of 19 warehouses, were the aging process takes place
- Panama’s heartland typical lunch.
- Rum Tasting of the 8 rums, including Finish Collection, Two Oaks and Top of the Line Centuria.
- After the tastings an Open Bar for up to 30 minutes.
- Certificate of Rum Tasting to each participant
We recommend to takeoff at 9AM, arriving at Hacienda San Isidro at around 10:30AM, do the tour, the lunch, the tasting and lastly the open bar. Leaving Hacienda San Isidro at 4PM approximately and arriving Panama City at 5PM.
*Prices DO NOT include 7% tax and handling.
You may reserve a tour by scheduling your tour date and checking out online. You may also contact us via email to arrange payment at email@example.com, or WhatsApp Us at +507 6674-5580, or call us at: +507 6674-5580 or +507 6699-1384 and softly reserve a Date and Time. The reservation will be held for 24 hours without payment. To confirm a tour, the client must pay 100% of the price of the reserved tour or flight plus the 7% sales tax. This payment can be made with Visa/MasterCard by providing the number on the card and it’s expiration date. Clients may also pay through PayPal by checking out on the website.
Panamanian citizens and residents with a local bank account may also pay by depositing directly into the Checking Account of Panama Air Adventures, Inc. at Banco General, S.A. No. 03-81-01-112180-0.
Please review our Cancellation Policy here.